University Medicine (UM) is a non-profit, academic, multi-specialty medical group with practices in Providence, RI and its surrounding communities.
Patients are our priority. Our mission is to provide high-level patient care, advance medical knowledge and science and develop cures. Our culture promotes constant learning, which transfers across all staff members and to the physicians we train. To reinforce this, University Medicine (UM) allocates 10% of its revenue into the academic pursuits of our physicians (who have faculty appointments with BROWN Alpert Medical School).
We contribute time, energy and funds to non-profit healthcare endeavors locally and globally. We provide over $1 million dollars of free care to people in the State of Rhode Island. Our international reach provides financial and medical resources to the under served throughout the world.
This caring transfers to our employees, their work experience and quality of life.
Most of the full-time faculty physicians in the Department of Medicine at The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University are members of the UM, including the Directors of the Division of General Internal Medicine and of the various Medical Subspecialty Divsions at Brown as well as at several area hospitals.
Affiliated with The Miriam Hospital, Rhode Island Hospital, Hasbro Children's Hospital, Women and Infant's Hospital, and The Providence Veteran's Administration Hospital, UM Physicians have access to the latest medical research and technology in the region and are committed to providing you and your family the very best in healthcare.
- UM provides primary care at numerous sites throughout Rhode Island.
- UM provides outpatient and inpatient care through nine subspecialty divisions at Rhode Island Hospital, Miriam Hospital and the VA Hospital.
- UM provides endocrinology services through the Hallet Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology at Rhode Island Hospital.
- UM physicians run the hospitalists programs at both the Rhode Island and Miriam Hospitals.
- UM offers medical care at all seven of Rhode Islandís inpatient kidney dialysis centers and two stand alone outpatient dialysis centers
- UM offers a Travel Clinic at Miriam Hospital.
University Medicine is a proud sponsor of the following fine organizations...